September 15, 2016
AWS Direct Connect Service now Available in Equinix Los Angeles
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the immediate availability of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect cloud service in Equinix's Los Angeles (IBX®) data centers. With AWS Direct Connect, companies can connect their customer-owned and managed infrastructure directly to AWS, establishing a private connection to the cloud that can reduce costs, increase performance, and deliver a more consistent network experience. The Equinix Los Angeles location brings the total number of Equinix metros offering AWS Direct Connect service to twelve, globally, five of those are within North America.
Cloud adoption continues to rise among both startups and the enterprise. In fact, recent survey results from 451 Research's "Voice of the Enterprise: Cloud" program found that 52 percent of 440 enterprises surveyed indicated that their public cloud spending would increase in the immediate future.* By providing direct access to AWS cloud inside Equinix data centers, Equinix is enabling enterprise CIOs to advance their cloud strategies by seamlessly and safely incorporating public cloud services into their existing architectures.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The Equinix Los Angeles campus includes four Equinix IBX data centers, which are connected via Metro Connect. While AWS Direct Connect service will reside in the LA3 facility, customers can connect to AWS Direct Connect from any one of these IBX data centers through Metro Connect. Equinix's Los Angeles data centers are business hubs for more than 250 companies, and offer interconnections to network services from more than 80 service providers.
- Equinix Los Angeles data centers are central to the network strategies of digital content and entertainment companies looking to reach their end users quickly. These companies can now leverage the benefits of AWS cloud to create, deliver and measure compelling content and customer experiences in a highly scalable, elastic, secure and cost effective manner utilizing AWS Direct Connect.
- With the addition of Los Angeles, Equinix now offers the AWS Direct Connect service in Amsterdam, Dallas, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Osaka, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia. Equinix customers in these metros will be able to lower network costs into and out of AWS and take advantage of reduced AWS Direct Connect data transfer rates.
- Greg Adgate, vice president, Equinix:
"As one of the early data center partners to offer AWS Direct Connect services, our goal has always been to provide our customers with the ability to realize the full benefits of the cloud – without worrying about application latency or cost issues. By offering access to AWS via the Direct Connect service in Los Angeles, we are providing additional ways for our North American customers to achieve improved performance of their cloud-based applications."
- Andrew Reichman, director, Voice of the Enterprise: Cloud
"Our quarterly survey of cloud adoption and spending shows steadily increasing growth in both enterprise usage and investment in cloud services. Equinix is fostering this trend by enabling direct, low-latency, secure connections to cloud services, like AWS Direct Connect, within its multi-tenant facilities."
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
*Source: 451 Research, Voice of the Enterprise: Cloud, Workloads and Key Projects, 2016.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Press Contacts, Sally Comollo, +1-781-366-5580, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com, or Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, firstname.lastname@example.org