June 11, 2014
Equinix Sees Continued Momentum at Newest Dallas Data Center
New customers include Clear Government Solutions and Global Capacity
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — June 11, 2014 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced a number of new clients and business solutions available in its DA6 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, the company’s newest asset in Dallas. The new IBX meets regional demand for data center colocation offering connectivity to global service providers, as well as access to the Equinix Cloud Exchange, an interconnection solution that allows companies to quickly build high-performance, hybrid cloud solutions.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Dallas’ location makes it a natural hub for routing Internet traffic between the East and West Coasts of the United States to Latin America, making Equinix’s Dallas data centers an ideal gateway for connecting with new partners or customers in the region.
- Equinix’s Dallas data centers offer connectivity to over 100 network service providers, 55 cloud service providers and 30+ content and digital media companies including: Adobe, Akamai, Telmex, Comcast, Edgecast, Level 3 Communications, Sprint, Time Warner Cable, Walmart, Yahoo and Zayo.
- Deployed in Equinix Dallas and Washington D.C. data centers, Clear Government Solutions (CGS) is a cloud service provider for federal agencies. Building on its deployment in DA1, CGS was the first tenant of DA6, which enabled them to rapidly pursue the federal government’s security certification from The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) for Cloud Computing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Global Capacity combines its One Marketplace solution with Equinix’s Performance Hub architecture. Available through nine Equinix data centers, including DA6, this powerful combination greatly benefits enterprise customers seeking connectivity to any of the more than 975 network service providers available inside Equinix.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange, an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple networks and clouds, including Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute, is available in DA6. The Equinix Cloud Exchange gives cloud consumers direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions.
- Across five data centers, Equinix has invested more than $100 million in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area since 2000. With the addition of DA6, at full build, Equinix’s total Dallas footprint will exceed 230,000 square feet of data center space dispersed over five facilities and one of Equinix’s most network-dense campuses.
- Chris Grady, president, Clear Government Solutions:
“Our data center strategy is a key component to realizing CGS’ growth plans. With this second deployment in Dallas, we are able to optimize our cloud service offerings to our current customers, and look to leverage our Equinix deployments here in Dallas and also in D.C. to support the eventuality of providing CGS’ cloud infrastructure as a service to state and local governments.”
- Ben Edmond, chief revenue officer, Global Capacity:
“As an important U.S. and global economic center and a key gateway to Latin American markets, Dallas is a high-demand market for our customers. Our relationship with Equinix allows our customers cost-effective access to cloud-based applications and content delivery networks.”
- Karl Strohmeyer, president, Americas Equinix:
“To succeed in the digital economy, companies must deliver a consistent user experience worldwide, and nimbly adopt cloud computing technologies to realize long-term business strategies. The breadth of companies in DA6 underscores Equinix’s critical role as a global data center provider and cloud enabler.”
- Equinix Launches Cloud Exchange to Unlock Full Potential of Cloud Computing [press release]
- Equinix to Make Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute Available through Data Centers in 16 Markets Globally [press release]
- New Dallas Data Center Boosts Equinix as Interconnection Hub [blog]
- Equinix Dallas data centers [website]
About EquinixEquinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.